Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Video Resolution

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by barong, Oct 10, 2005.

1. barong

barong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been since getting my Plasma attempting to get it to display correctly on my screen in HDMI (Hitachi 42PD7200)

I have a pc running Media Center 2005 Rollup 2 have tried just about all the settings possible and yes used powerstrip allthough without instrauctions found a little hard.

I have a 258mb ddr Radeon 9550 which has the latest ATI Catalyst and driver.

I have set the res to 1080i which i have then connected a dvi - HDMi lead in using standard rgb i can see 1280x 1024 fine but obviously not as good quality and what was planned HDMI.

When I set this HDMI to 1080i or 1280 x 720 i get the display showing ok but all the sides off screen and as this is not a normal monitor i cant pull display in width and height.

Getting a bit annoying really as this is the whole point of buying the stupid thing but im sure you super guys know the deal

2. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Whats the res on the 7200? And are you using the catalyst control center?

3. barong

barong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 7200 can do 1080i or 1280x 720 but each misses the outside edge i have tried using the catalist and powerstrip