1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Resolution

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by barong, Oct 10, 2005.

1. barong

barong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been since getting my Plasma attempting to get it to display correctly on my screen in HDMI (Hitachi 42PD7200)

I have a pc running Media Center 2005 Rollup 2 have tried just about all the settings possible and yes used powerstrip allthough without instrauctions found a little hard.

I have a 258mb ddr Radeon 9550 which has the latest ATI Catalyst and driver.

I have set the res to 1080i which i have then connected a dvi - HDMi lead in using standard rgb i can see 1280x 1024 fine but obviously not as good quality and what was planned HDMI.

When I set this HDMI to 1080i or 1280 x 720 i get the display showing ok but all the sides off screen and as this is not a normal monitor i cant pull display in width and height.

Getting a bit annoying really as this is the whole point of buying the stupid thing but im sure you super guys know the deal

2. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Whats the res on the 7200? And are you using the catalyst control center?

3. barong

barong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 7200 can do 1080i or 1280x 720 but each misses the outside edge i have tried using the catalist and powerstrip