Video Recording Problems

E

Elgreco

Sorry if this is not right forum. Just got new Sony tv and video. Set everything up and its fine. The only problem I had was that the video wouldn't tune to cable. I read the manual and wired line 3 straight to the cable box with a scart lead. Last night I recorded a film and there's no sound. How do I record sound from cable?
Thanks

Originally posted by blindlemon
Get a TiVo ! :smashin: (... and it does a few more things as well ;))

VCR? What's that? :devil:
Another enlightened one I see :D

Elgreco
Is your scart lead fully wired? Some scarts are only wired with RGB video cables and therefore will not carry audio. If it is not fully wired then you will need to replace it with one that is.

Mark.

Originally posted by Elgreco
Sorry if this is not right forum. Just got new Sony tv and video. Set everything up and its fine. The only problem I had was that the video wouldn't tune to cable. I read the manual and wired line 3 straight to the cable box with a scart lead. Last night I recorded a film and there's no sound. How do I record sound from cable?
Thanks

Check the scart cable is pushed home firmly at both ends.

Cheers lads. Its pushed home at both ends but may not be fully wired. Its only a cheap one I had left. I've used Thor scarts on dvd to tv and cable to tv. I didn't think I gain as much on video.
thanks again

sorted now with a new scart cable from B and Q. How do they do it for less than £3?

Elgreco ,

They do it for £3, Because the cable is not screened !

Good SCART cables use 6 individual coaxial screen cables within the main cable and are fully wired (all 21pins connected).

Also the cable is "impedance matched" to stop "Standing waves" affecting the video signals.

Regards,

Bluebear.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom