1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Recorders that output standard VHS in RGB / S-Video

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by SSB, May 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SSB

SSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Well, I know it's probably sacrilege, but I want to hook my VCR up to to my Sony HS50 projector. It hasn't got a SCART socket, so I'm left with RGB through my JS-Tech component box, S-video or composite.

I'm loath to use composite as I expect it'll be absolutely ghastly, but wondered if there were any VCRs that output a RGB or S-Video signal when watching standard VHS tapes (my current Philips VCR just outputs PAL).

RGB would be my favoured solution as I wouldn't have to run another cable to the projector from the amp.

Any suggestions?

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    1. Forget RGB (maybe a top-end Philips one way back ?).

2. Any SVHS VCR will output from it's internal tuner and both VHS and SVHS tapes through the SVHS socket (daring someone to correct me with 's-video' socket), or through 's' via scart. Usual caveat applies wrt quality of VHS not being upconverted. But you knew that...

HTH,
    Mike.

3. SSB

SSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Cheers Mike ... :)