Video Recorder not showing picture

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ptmbradley, Jan 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

My video was working perfectly normally, but recently I stumbled across some old VHS-C camcorder tapes and thought I'd have a watch. But when I tried to play them the sound worked as normal but the picture just displayed a blue screen.

I tried several VHS-C tapes but they were all the same, and now when I put in any ordinary tape it's the same. Sound but no visual.

I've tried plugging and unplugging different inputs and outputs with different leads but still no joy.

Anybody know what happened and how I can fix it? Is it perhaps something stupidly simple like the heads need cleaning? I've not yet tried that coz I can't find my cleaning tape since we moved so need to go on a hunt!

Hopefully I can get it sorted by this coming Thursday coz the new series of Friends starts on E4. :)

Cheers for any help and advice you can give.

Ptm

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    Its probably not this but its what my problem was.

When my last video broke I purchased the Toshiba V711 and after connecting up all the Scart leads and everything I only got sound on playback.

After messing about for about half an hour I discovered that for some reason the TV stuck in RGB input mode and as such was not displaying a picture, one quick hit of the A/V button and hey pronto I had picture again.

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    have you fixed it ????

4. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No.

I've tried every single input with every single output. I've switched the TV from RGB to S-Video to composite and back again. I've cleaned the video heads. I even tried it with a completely different telly, but still it won't work.

Haven't got a clue what happened. It was fine before I messed about with my old camcorder tapes. :(

Ptm