1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video recoder & a Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bigmonty69, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Bigmonty69

Bigmonty69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I will soon be getting a Panny 6 without a TV tuner. Using Freeview as my Tv signal. Is it possible to still use my video recorder to record from the freeview box?

If so how is it all connected>

Cheers.
    Dave

2. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Yes you can, but a VHS recording will look awful on the Plasma IMHO. I suggest you buy a DVD recorder (such as a Panny DMR-E50/60).

I you want more help with cabling, please state what terminal boards you have in the PW6 and what Freeview box you own.

Rob.

3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Yes, I have my VHS video recorded connected to the 2nd Scart on my Sony Freeview box.

I wouldn't call it awful, but the picture from the VHS is noticably not as good as from the Freeview box directly (via RGB). As the VHS is only composite this would be expected.

It will at least work for you; try it and see if you can put up with the picture! I agree a DVD recorder is the way to go. I've bought too much kit recently so I need to wait a bit before I can consider buying one, so for now I have to make do with the video.

Mark