• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Video projector - matrix / switch installation issue

cyberlancer

Standard Member
Hello everybody,

this is my problem.
I plan (house is being refurbished so no major constraints) to install a VPR and LCD tv in two separate rooms (living + bedroom).
All the electronics (sky, BluRay, Digital TV, ADSL ...) will be grouped in a small room (beside the living), together with the VPR (with a hole in a wall to project on a screen on the opposite wall, into the living room).
No problem with the LCD Tv which will get video and audio signal through the matrix (or even a simple switch, I don't plan to have separate transmissions over the two sinks).

BUT: the audio for the projector should come from a HiFi which is located just beside the screen (no possibility to change this) and so I cannot figure out how I will be able to get audio signal to be routed to the amplifier. I mean, the VPR will get the video signal through the HDMI but it doesn't have audio pass through from which I can take the signal and route it to the HiFi.

The setup will be: 4 sources ==> VPR (Video through HDMI, audio to the amplifier ?)
. ==> TV (audio and video through HDMI)

There must be a simple solution but I really cannot figure out which?!

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Cheers.

C.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom