1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Processing Sky+ to CRT

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by RobbieTT, May 9, 2005.

1. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Feel like I am out of my pay grade starting a thread in here, feels a little like the headmaster office...

I own a Sony 32" TV and I am fed up with quality of low bit-rate Sky+ channels. Is there a simple product that can increase the PQ over RGB scart?

I was impressed seeing the difference a scaler made to a collegues Sky+ picture (admittedly it was terrible before!). However, that was on a 42" plasma. Is anything available for those stuck in CRT land?

2. Carl Ed

Carl Ed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the problem is low bit-rate digital TV, then you're probably looking more at a noise reduction problem than a scaling problem.

There is one very good product to solve this (the Algolith Mosquito), but it costs several times the cost of your TV :eek: Unfortunatly for both of us there really isn't any good low-cost noise reduction processors, at least not yet.

3. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the (only) reply! No scaler or processor for me then.