video problem with dv29

K

kurtholz

Greetings

I was messing around last night with the settings on my arcam dv29, i accidently switched it from ntsc to pal, i am currently using the hdmi to an LG plasma, of course, now i have no video since my TV isnt pal compatible, is there any way to reset my player to North American settings so i can get back to tweaking?

thanks in advance for any help

Kurt

Simply insert any NTSC Region 1 disk and push "Play". When the disc starts playing hit "Setup" on the remote. The DV29 should revert to NTSC.

What is odd though is that with an HDMI connection you should not even see the PAL option unless your panel can handle PAL output...

Hey Joe

thanks for helping, i tried several DVD's that are NTSC only, but i still get "invalid format" across my screen

got any other ideas?

thanks so much

Kurt

To bring back all the default settings for the setup menu, start up the menu and then press and hold the "Stop" button for 5 seconds on the Dvd player.
This should now allow you to adjust your settings back to your preference !!

Hi all

thanks so much for the help so far, unfortunately, none of these remedies has helped, the unit won't reset itself, any other suggestions?

thanks

Kurt

At this point, take it back to the dealer and have them reset the EEPROM chip which will remove all the current settings (revert to factory) and bookmark data, etc.

The only other suggestion is to try an analog display with either component or S video and see if you can get to the menu by pressing the key sequence in the prior message.

Hey all

well, i used the s-video on the side of the plasma, got a screen, was able to reset it

i threw the remore away so i can never screw it up again,hahahaha

thanks so much for all your help

kind regards

Kurt

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom