1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Playback Settings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dean, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    I have a Sony RDRGX3 which i'm happy with but wanted to know what ppl thought of AI controls in the video settings? Is it detrimental to leave them all on (such as block noise reduction etc) even though the default has it on?

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I personaly would turn all these options of . also things like nise reduction and AI on what evry type of display device you have. Once you have done this try and get hold of something like digital video essentials or avai and get the brightness and contrast set right on the tv. This will probably give you better results. The problem with all theses types of options is that they can atificialy procees the picture and cause more problems then thay solve.

3. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Yeah thanks for the response, that's what i thought as well. I haven't had a chance to calibrate with AVIA but i have done so more or less by eye and with THX optimiser. I have contrast at +12 and brightness at -2 using RGB scart and the picture is pretty good even with movies recorded off Sky.