VIDEO: Panasonic ZT60 Flagship Plasma TV - First Look and interview

I would be sceptical that they even set up their VT to the best of its abilities, shows like this are there to impress the WoW factor. Really looking forward to a review though, even if this tv is likely to be way out the budget of a poor man like me :p

You've not seen a good one up and running then scooby,:D, that ZT looks pretty nice though.

Oh I have:) all I see though is a light box and motion issues I don't like. Some are very good but not as good as a comparable priced plasma.;)

I would be interested to learn if this set can go brighter with punchy colours, instead of dim and washed out picuture than any of their previous plasma, with their new bonding process and new filter, which remains to be seen how it improves upon last years. No doubt it will be mega expensive.

Id be interested in hearing what difference the changes will make from a member who knows the tech well. Also interested in the price, very sensible to drop feature to keep the price down rather than effect the sets picture quality.

What's the VT60 and ST60 like though? Is the ST60 going to even be as good as the ST50. Same with the VT60.

The ZT does seem to be handling all that light well.

Also seems about right with R&D, understandable resources would be moved to OLED but no reason to stop all together with plasma if there's still a market.

Nice one Steve and Phil by the way:smashin: more vids more vids!:D

what does the phrase mean above, as ive heard steve withers refer to it a number of times in the videos?

golden phoenix said:
what does the phrase mean above, as ive heard steve withers refer to it a number of times in the videos?

Research and development.

As above:) Spent 2 years in R&D myself, not into TVs though lol that's got to be a cool job.

im glad i have waited and CES just confirmed my dilemma, i passed over the VT50 and im over that now.

i want 4k OLED, and again if i was going for a tv..the ZT60 and the F8500 sammy both look equally impressive. and if im honest im more attracted to the sammy for looks features etc, that could tide me over until i could afford a OLED 4K ..i have to take the plunge sometime, and i will be able to afford a new tv in the next 18mths by my estimates..oh decision decisions

It's gonna be a cost issue isn't it.

Will the Sammo be much cheaper than the ZT, can't wait till Feb.

How do the new Pany60 series plasmas compare with Samsungs new F series plasma range that feature improved blacks and quad core processsing and a complete new panel?

Last edited:
How do the new Pany60 series plasmas compare with Samsungs new F series plasma range that feature improved blacks and quad core processsing and a complete new panel?

its too early to answer that question. until the reviews come in. but its exciting isnt it. especially for those in tge market to buy a new tv. before our long wait for oleds to be affordable to the average consumer.

I hope Panasonic bring out a 42 inch ZT60,VT60 and not just for the low end models.They really have to think about the the size of an average uk home.

If its going to be a st60 42 inch and rebranded as GT , I can't see this being any better then 2012 GT series?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom