VIDEO: Panasonic GZ2000 Pro OLED and more launched at Convention - news discussion

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Interview Phil..

How many times did he say awesome? :laugh:
And I love how he states everyone loves OLED with it's ultra thin panel/design. The mighty GZ2000 is certainly no skinny mini from the rear..:rotfl:

I just wish they had the Pro Panel available without the Atmos speaker system. For me anyway as I have no need for it..

Last edited:
guy in the video keeps saying its a Panasonic panel - but its not, its an LG panel...who's he trying to fool?!

its actually an 'LG Display' Panel made to Panasonic specification,

LG Electronics Panels are made by LG Display to LG Electronics specification

Last edited:
I just wish they had the Pro Panel available without the Atmos speaker system. For me anyway as I have no need for it..

Agreed. Struggle to understand why anyone would spend £3000+ on a flagship oled without a separate audio solution. I am sure the inbuilt speakers will be ok, but definitely never going to be an audio match for the picture quality.

All of the step down models are nigh on identical and largely confusing to the average consumer. Sounds like only the stand is slightly different between the 950 and 1000? Why not get rid of one and replace with the gz2000 panel on its own and knock £500 off the price. That would get my nether regions tingling!

Having said all that I picked up a 65fz802 this year and the picture is breathtaking. Should tide me over nicely until Panasonic produce an ‘77h3000’ with 8k and hdmi 2.1.....

I’m sure they said the 802 sold very well and with soundbars on the up and possibly full speaker systems not so, this is a neat solution. I only need the panel too, but I can see their angle. Hopefully they will take this on and offer a customised panel only next year.

Really good to see such a big line up from Panasonic.

Thanks for the decent length video Phil.

Last edited:
Thanks for the interview.
It's a pity though you didn't take the opportunity to ask him when comes the HDR10+ update for the 2017 range.
At CES Panasonic said it comes this year but do they know at least which quarter?!

Gotta love a trier, trying to describe edge lit LCD tech as a positive (focus on the slimness!). I didn't watch it all but I take it that there was no mention of the GX920? Will it be FALD? When they began with the GX800 I took the hint and ended the video.

I think it's great that Dolby Vision / HDR10+ will be on smaller screen sizes. I would love a 55" / 65" OLED TV, but due to logistics / room size, the 50" GX800 will be something i'm keeping my eye on...

The big question is does the GZ2000 offer better PQ over the other models, shame the release is a bit later in the year , presume that will effect when review samples are available.

The big question is does the GZ2000 offer better PQ over the other models, shame the release is a bit later in the year , presume that will effect when review samples are available.
It will otherwise why bother tweaking the panel. If last years model was one of the best (from a pq perspective), this years lower range oleds will match / better that which must leave the GZ2000 sitting on top. Sounds like it’s going to be a fantastic tv, just which there was a stripped down version, it would sell to those enthusiasts with a decent audio setup like hot cakes (although as Phil mentions on the other thread, the % of those hot cakes may not add up to make it worth while for them ) !

Last edited:
It will otherwise why bother tweaking the panel. If last years model was one of the best (from a pq perspective), this years lower range oleds will match / better that which must leave the GZ2000 sitting on top. Sounds like it’s going to be a fantastic tv, just which there was a stripped down version, it would sell to those enthusiasts with a decent audio setup like hot cakes !
I see a #propanelonly campaign starting!

Vive la revolution!

It will otherwise why bother tweaking the panel. If last years model was one of the best (from a pq perspective), this years lower range oleds will match / better that which must leave the GZ2000 sitting on top. Sounds like it’s going to be a fantastic tv, just which there was a stripped down version, it would sell to those enthusiasts with a decent audio setup like hot cakes !

I don't have an audio set up anymore so depending on PQ it will be the 65" of this or the GZ1500, only issue is that with not coming out till mid summer it will be pushing into autumn before any price drops.

I don't have an audio set up anymore so depending on PQ it will be the 65" of this or the GZ1500, only issue is that with not coming out till mid summer it will be pushing into autumn before any price drops.
A nice selection for you to ponder on!
Yeah, later release (Sony did the same last year) doesn’t help us with BF savings although in fairness Panasonic seemed very competitive on pricing late last year.

I think I’ll have my day 1 order in assuming we have some in depth reviews before then. Quicker the money is spent the less likely my wife can spend it on something else.

Luckily we got a log burner last year, which I could have happily gone without, so I have lotsa credit built up with her indoors. The “this TV will be the one I keep for 10 years” is starting to be questioned :nono::nono:

I think I’ll have my day 1 order in assuming we have some in depth reviews before then. Quicker the money is spent the less likely my wife can spend it on something else.

Luckily we got a log burner last year, which I could have happily gone without, so I have lotsa credit built up with her indoors. The “this TV will be the one I keep for 10 years” is starting to be questioned :nono::nono:
I look forward to reading your impressions, although keep some money aside for that wood burner tax that may come in ;)

I look forward to reading your impressions, although keep some money aside for that wood burner tax that may come in ;)
I think we bought an ecofriendly one meeting new standards .....although I didn’t listen too much. Not like they were talking ABL or HDR lol

Thanks Phil - great video and lots of info.

I'm undecided in terms of TV type I did like to see the added option of a 58in screen in the GX800 range.

I currently have a 50in TV and thought 55in would be my max size limit - I can't accommodate a 65in - but 58in ? Yes/maybe :)

would like to know what the exact differences are between Pro and reglular panels?

would like to know what the exact differences are between Pro and reglular panels?
Not sure we will get much more info than what has already come out. From what I’ve read/heard on this and other sites,
The lower range panels will be the same 2019 panels distributed by LG Display to all manufacturers.
The customised panel is the same 2019 panel but in an unfinished state allowing engineers access to the panel earlier in production.
They can tweak the “parameters” power/cooling distribution which can provide up to 30% higher Average Picture Level, so HDR image should pop more, brighter picture, same great colour accuracy all without compromise.
Good sales pitch - has me excited !

You know how there are a professional synthesizers/keyboards without the speakers?
Well, i want that kind of TV. Just give me a picture perfect panel, no need for paying for the sound and i will take care for the rest.

Thanks Phil - great video and lots of info.

I'm undecided in terms of TV type I did like to see the added option of a 58in screen in the GX800 range.

I currently have a 50in TV and thought 55in would be my max size limit - I can't accommodate a 65in - but 58in ? Yes/maybe :)

my tv is 58, its a great size, and a compromise if you haven't got the space

Not sure we will get much more info than what has already come out. From what I’ve read/heard on this and other sites,
The lower range panels will be the same 2019 panels distributed by LG Display to all manufacturers.
The customised panel is the same 2019 panel but in an unfinished state allowing engineers access to the panel earlier in production.

I wonder if there will be any positive effect on uniformity if Panasonic can apply there own methods ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom