VIDEO: Panasonic EX780, EX750, EX700 and EX600 4K LED TVs - video discussion

Panasonic EX780, EX750, EX700, EX600 4K UHD HDR LED TVs launched

Thank you Phil Hinton for this video,
Is one thing I do not understand in these series
The EX780 = EX750B for the united kingdom or are there two models for the united kingdom?

Thanks Phil.

Non-technical question - what movie is that being shown on the screens?

Merci Phil as always.
just 3 questions from me:
1. Do we have any 10 bits panel ?
2. No uhd premium certification whatsoever I believe
3. That electronic local dimming is any good ?

Out of everything I have seen so far, i'm leaning towards the Sony XE90. One of the very few FALD panels available this year. Sony had the best edge lit dimming last year. So their full array should be impressive.

Thank guys.

Looking at the screen sizes 40,49,55 & 65 - now moving up to 40,50,58 & 65

Guessing with slimmer styling - the 58in 2017 model not much bigger overall to a 55in TV from two or three years back?

Not keen on the highly polished all silver look and x shaped base of their EX 780 series TVs.

And although I'm sure it was the bright display room lighting - the screens seemed very reflective.

Regards All

Last edited:
Disappointing release from Panasonic - all these models look low to mid-range with a bit of fancy processing thrown in on the EX780 and whilst you might think that is what they are intended for it still leaves a massive gap between a (no doubt very expensive) OLED range and a 7 series LCD.

I had heard that the D8 and D9 series will be carried over into this year but that doesn't seem to be the case going by this video??

I would imagine that there must be quite a big market for people who in their heart want an OLED but in their wallet simply can't afford one (and certainly not one from Panasonic) - they don't seem to be catering to those folks whatsover sadly.

Last edited:
this range will not be any good...no certification, no Full array....pfff

How good will depend on the price. The HDR Premium certification is not necessarily a deal breaker but is a bit disappointing.

Merci Phil as always.
just 3 questions from me:
1. Do we have any 10 bits panel ?
2. No uhd premium certification whatsoever I believe
3. That electronic local dimming is any good ?
(1) I'm not exactly sure but I don't think so, (2) There's no UHD Premium certification and (3) It looked good on the show floor but we'll have to wait for the review to test it properly.

The only positive I can take from the Panasonic 2017 range is that they are now eliminated from my pending purchase options for a variety of reasons. Quite an easy choice and now a shoot out between LG and Sony with my requirements. Can't wait for the reviews to start rolling in.

@Toon Army Lg like every single year will come out with a range that sucks...coz of the IPS panel...its been like that for almost 10 years now...
sony high end...looks very nice, buy hell, more expensive than OLED ?!
(ps: please answer me on the U1 thread)

No there isn't a replacement for the DX902 or the DX802 for that matter, so once stocks have sold out that's it. Panasonic want to concentrate their R&D on their flagship OLED models rather than LCD.
I'm sure I seen that Panasonic is carrying over the DX9 for 2017....or is this a stock last scenario. If the leaked prices seen are true there is a big price gab between the EX750 and the EX950

I'm sure I seen that Panasonic is carrying over the DX9 for 2017....or is this a stock last scenario. If the leaked prices seen are true there is a big price gab between the EX750 and the EX950

Yes it's while stock lasts same with the DX802 model.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom