1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video output via usb port possible?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by breezer, Dec 30, 2002.

1. breezer

breezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a digital video camera and am wondering if any can push the recorded images via usb to a pc rather than using the composite video out, I would prefer not to have to buy an av video card for my computer.
    From this point I can easly create cd-videos.

Breezer

2. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    With a DV cam, you connect to the PC via a Firewire port. USB just isn't quick enough.

Via Firewire, the signal from the camcorder remains digital into the PC so there is no loss in the transfer.

Once you have finished editing, you can then push the video back out to the cam (also digitally) so you end up with a fully edited tape with no quality loss.

One point though.

First of all, make sure the camcorder you buy has DV IN enabled (not all do) otherwise, you may not be able to put the edited video back onto tape.

Firewire cards are really really cheap but have a look at some of the kits as they will come with all the editing software as well.

3. breezer

breezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Networkguy,

I now know what to look for

Breezer