1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video output from a CCTV system

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by rvd48, Nov 10, 2004.

1. rvd48

rvd48

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my brother recently installed a new video in my dads shop as the old video was dying. anyway, the monitor gives the output of "Video" and "audio" by connecting phono leads to it. we have a lead going from that which goes into the video via scart, (i.e. similar to this, but only 2 phono leads)

now, using the old video, we had a RF lead going into another tv in a differnet room which would show the picture from the cctv monitor. what i cant understand is how it was configured before in order to enable this ?
    the only input to the video is the 2 phono to scart lead, so there is no RF signal which is inputted, hence how could we get a signal into the tv in the other room?

2. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,455
    The composite input on the scart is modulated in the VCR & output on the VCRs RF. The new VCR is probably outputting on a different RF channel to the one it's replaced. You need to either change the VCRs RF channel number to match the TV or retune the TV to the new VCR.