video out

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by rikmoncur, Jan 14, 2003.

1. rikmoncur

rikmoncur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a matsui vx1106 vcr with the usual 3 sockets and a scart socket. I'm trying to record FROM the vcr to my canon mv530i without success. Is it a simple problem that the vcr only has input capability and can't output to the camera (same with my new tv and dvd)?
    Do I have to buy a new vcr with output sockets?

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +11,226
    Not sure with this VCR but in the back of most VCR instruction manuals it lists the sockets and tells you what they do, such as scart 1 is video in/out, scart 2 video in only etc

Have a look and it may answer your question.

Perhaps someone else can help you more.

Greg

3. rikmoncur

rikmoncur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just managed to record sound from the tv to the camera via the headphone socket on the tv. Now I just need the images!
    Had a look at my vcr manual and it only has info on recording TO the vcr. If it's outputting a signal to the tv then it should also be able to output it to the camera?

4. rikmoncur

rikmoncur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    managed to record a bit off the dvd player (copywrite protected so only a second or so) because it's got video out sockets. I reckon it's just a cheap vcr? But still, if the vcr is outputting a signal...