1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video-NOW is no longer????

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by marcoeser, Jun 22, 2001.

1. marcoeser

marcoeser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I found the following message on their site:
    video-NOW.com is no longer accepting orders or shipping movies. All outstanding orders are being refunded. Please do not send emails or leave phone messages regarding outstanding orders as they will not be received. Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone have anymore news on the subject? Has anyone been refunded yet or are they getting away with all our money?

I was starting to wonder why I wasn't getting any responce from them. I had ordered movies almost 2 months ago.
    :(

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Marco,

HArdly surprising they've gone tit's up! They were never that reliable in the first place. Video-Now: more like Video-When-We-Can-Be-Bothered-Sending-It!

All I can say, is Good Riddance to them!

Pooch

3. dj

dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I am surprised it has taken this long.

4. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    marcoeser - I just had a look see at www.video-now.com and no such message popped up and the site seems to be "normal" ...
    I concur with Pooch on this firm and after my 3 months of being dicked around I got my 2 discs and wouldnt recommend them to my worst enemy - Shopping with them was like having Hannibal Lecker as a roomie !!!

5. McMullb

McMullb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To get the message you have to login as a customer then it is shown at the top of the page. I will miss Video Now, they performed well in the past and it is only since they were overloaded with orders that the service got really bad. My first order with them was 2871 a little over 18 months ago - my last order was 75,198 - they just could not cope with the load.

6. marcoeser

marcoeser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wasn't surprised either. Their service wasn't all that great. Every film came overly late, but I did find they were the cheapest around.
    Good bye Video-now,

Marc

7. McMullb

McMullb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did not wait for a refund from Video Now - I Paid using VISA and Barclaycard refunded the money for my outstanding orders under their Internet protection scheme. I would bet that Video Now will refund money for o/s orders.

8. Punster

Punster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, been waiting now over 6 weeks for a film that hasn't appeared. I've seen that message about no orders, ongoing refunds, and no replies as well. They certainly haven't replied to my e-mails, have to get a refund through VISA as well now.

In the past they were reliable though. Got my R1 copy of Predator from them (pre DTS but DD5.1) and it didn't have the Billy filleting scene I saw talked about on another thread.

Shame to see them go belly-up as they were amongst the cheapest around, until the exchange rate with the the USdollar nosedived. Have to stick to DVD BoxOffice now, at least they seem to be v'reliable.

Just my two pennorth. :eek:

[ 25-06-2001: Message edited by: Punster ]

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Luckily I only had one DVD on order. If any of us get refunded perhaps they can let the rest of us know. I think refunds are unlikely
    Who is a reliable region one supplier?.

10. marcoeser

marcoeser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  11. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Peter N,

You asked: "Who is a reliable region one supplier?."

For me, it's gotta be: www.dc-dvd.net

Whilst they aren't as cheap as Play 24/7, they have a much larger choice, an excellent service, and a fantastic website, with some of the most detailed information on each title I've ever seen.

Pooch