1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video-now: excellent customer service, accepatable shipping times!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by docsuperg, Mar 29, 2001.

1. docsuperg

docsuperg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I recently ordered DVDs from three companies:

play247
    video-now
    dvdboxoffice

My experience with these companies revealed the following:

1. All three companies shipped their product from Canada (I was under the impression the play247 was based in the UK!)

2. Of the three companies, DVDs ordered from video-now arrived within 6 days from the time of order (this definitely impressed me - since I live in the UK); DVDs ordered from play247 and dvdboxoffice took 3 weeks to arrive (presumably, their service is much quicker, however, this was not the case for me)

3. Some of the movies that I ordered from all three companies were CATALOGUE titles; I had to wait 3~4 weeks for these titles (from each company)

While there is both negative and positive press for the three companies in question, I can offer the following advice:

video-now offered excellent service for newly released titles (while the other companies lacked in service); in regards to catalogue titles, all three companies lacked in stock availability

One final note. the customer service I received from video-now was excellent, they did not give me any programmed responses

docsuperg

2. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    the one thing i noticed when i ordered from video now they charged my credit card for my pre-orders long before they were sent!!

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

All I got from Video-when-we-can-be-arsed was a load of hassle, money taken from my credit card, and NO blinking DVD! I say that they should be hung!

As for any DVD importation company, it is illegal to sell any non-BBFC approved material within the UK, hence all of these firms IMPORT the discs, via places like Jersey and Guernsey, et al. Whilst many have Uk-based phone numbers, none of the discs come anywhere near the UK, for obvious reasons.

Pooch

4. McMullb

McMullb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a lot of trouble recently with VideoNow - No responses to email fax or even telephone. I have had a title ordered since March that was sent (maybe) but it never arrived. Anyone else had problems?

5. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Mac - Yes I did - After numerous emails & changes of DVD I eventually got two discs out of them 3 months from the date of my original order - So I dont go near them now
    Paul

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Video_now,more like Video_never.
    Ordered X-men received Straw Dogs,sent back
    Straw Dogs as instructed never received X-men
    Have given up after numerous E-mails they just deny receiving Straw Dogs it's been over 6 months now.
    If asked my opinion on this company give
    'em a body swerve buy else where.
    Sorry just had to let off some steam.