Question (Video) New BenQ W1700 acoustic noise issue

Panvulcon

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was really excited to receive my new BenQ W1700 today and I have to say it looks stunning right out the box but one thing that’s annoying me slightly is the noise! It’s definitely not a fan noise and it goes off in silent mode too. I’m not sure if it’s defective but I can say that it is louder than my old Benq w1070 by about 15db! Has anybody else experi need this? The dB on the specs sheets are identical too.

I’ve added a couple of videos below. The first video is from the W1700 in silent mode with 4K off and the second is in standard mode. This is the buzzing I was referring to.
Is this normal for the BenQ W1700’s?

yes, since firmware 1.03 its even louder, like a small jet engine on my ceiling.
It seems to blur in and out a bit too, Amazon have agreed to have it back for a full refund so tempted to swap to an Optoma, as Frankly Benq customer service have been slowwwww and poor.
This one is seriously noisy, and when it goes quiet in movies its like i have a jet in the room.

Appears its a faulty unit I have

Last edited:
yes, since firmware 1.03 its even louder, like a small jet engine on my ceiling.
It seems to blur in and out a bit too, Amazon have agreed to have it back for a full refund so tempted to swap to an Optoma, as Frankly Benq customer service have been slowwwww and poor.
This one is seriously noisy, and when it goes quiet in movies its like i have a jet in the room.

Appears its a faulty unit I have
Did you guys manage to sort the noise out or is it just how they are? photos I have seen image looks spot on, but if its a noisy one I won't bother ordering one.

Its picture is spot on, and 3D issues resolved with firmware, but its pretty noisy.
I found it responsive, breeze to set up, nice remote, 3D was brill with active glasses.
To be honest i dont notice the noise watching movies, just an odd movie or two.
Saying that Ive returned mine and waiting for a W11000 THX 4K projector to arrive.

Its picture is spot on, and 3D issues resolved with firmware, but its pretty noisy.
I found it responsive, breeze to set up, nice remote, 3D was brill with active glasses.
To be honest i dont notice the noise watching movies, just an odd movie or two.
Saying that Ive returned mine and waiting for a W11000 THX 4K projector to arrive.
WOW! that's a big jump please let us no how you get on with this projector

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom