1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video/monitor out on sony str-d780

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by powely, Dec 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. powely

powely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my friend is just setting up his system and due to the amount of av sources he has and lack of inputs on the plasma, he needs to run the video inputs through his av amp, but for some reason the video out isn't switching the channels on his plasma, is this due to a setting within the amp or setting on the plasma possibly, he seems to believe the video out signal in knackered on the amp but i'm curious to know whether its just a setting somewhere? any help would be much appricated. Oh his system comprises of a sony str-d780, dvd(pionner), sky decoder, plasma screen(unsure of make and model), front projector(toshiba) and motorised screen with the pc running through the amp also. its only for av use, his audio set up is a completely seperate set up. so if any one can think of the best way to set all this up, that would be great thanks.

2. powely

powely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    an someone please give me some help on this, we are baffled what to do next, we have tried the s-video output to but no joy. we know theres a signal through the rca video cable as we tried bridging the two cables and that worked, but we cant get a signal through the amp. Whats the problem here?

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    If you've connected the right cables for your monitor out on the amp to the appropriate connection on the tv then this should work. There could be a fault with the amp. Is it still under warranty?