Video ground loop isolators

B

bongpig

Hi,

Ive got a problem with drifting lines on my DVD picture. Ive had alot of success cleaning up my audio sound with isolators, so was wondering if there was such a device for video?

My dvd connects via a s-video cable. Its this connection I want to break with an isolator.

Anybody know of anything thats not too expensive?

thanks

bongpig

Quite a few AV signal distribution solution manufacturers provide video ground loop isolators - though they are quiet pricey as they tend to be aimed at the Broadcast market.

When we've had problems in the past we've supplied the Extron GLI 2000 (2BNC) - though with an SRP of near £340.00 its not for everyone.

This unit has BNC ins and outs so you'll also require a couple of S-Video to Two BNC adapters (approx £15 each).

See http://www.extron.com/product/product.asp?id=gli2000

Best regards

Joe

thanks Joe, but thats too expensive for me.
That device costs more than my whole home cinema system!

I was looking for something a bit cheaper and simpler to be honest. I managed to get an isolator for my audio that did an excellent job for under £25.
I assumed I would find a simpilar type device for s-video, but it looks like i might have a challange on my hands!

bongpig

If your £25.00 solution goes 'in-line' with your audio cables (signal in > signal out) then you could try two of them along with a couple S-Video to 2BNC or 2RCA cables on your video line; though it may simply kill the video signal.

Best regards

Joe

good point Joe. I can try that with the isolator i have already.
Still, it sounds a bit of a botch!

Ill keep my eyes open for a more specific device for the minute. Im still open to suggestions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom