1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video "freezes" when copying to camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Kainey, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Kainey

Kainey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When copying edited video back to my JVC DV camcorder, the output periodically "freezes" for a second or so, then continues normally. This freezing shows up on the tape. It co-incides with a burst of HDD activity, and happens almost exactly every 2 minutes of edited file. When I watch the edited files on the PC before attempting transfer, they run seamlessly.

I'm using Video Studio 7.01 with a firewire connection, copying from a 32GB partition on a 80GB HDD. The partition is used exclusively for video editing, and is always defragged before attempting to copy to the camcorder. It's a Maxtor 7200rpm UDMA133 drive, and I have a 1.8GHz processor and 512MB memory. I would have thought the hardware was easily up to the job.

I'm tearing my hair out with this, any ideas?

Cheers,

Clive K

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds a bit like a virtual memory problem, try increasing the size a bit and see if that helps.

3. Kainey

Kainey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bingo! It turned out that the video partition had no virtual memory configured at all. I set the default and hey presto - the problem was fixed. Many, many thanks.

Clive K.

4. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yep, Thanks Beejaycee - you've solved a problem I've had for ages (not as severe - but still annoying)