Video format for CD on Windows XP

blimey

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have Windows 7/64 and recently made up a video cd in wmv format and sent it to friend running Windows XP. They say it does not work on their pc. What format details should I use pls?

By video Cd do you mean a data Cd with wmv files, or a VCD which is an form of Video ( not qute DVD) but playable on certain software and hardware DVd players?
Raw files should play fine

Come to think of it, reckon it was a DVD as a data disc with wmv files loaded. IF not, it was a data cd with wmv files...

At the time, the only check I did after the disc was made was to try it on another pc - running windows7 but with 32 bits. It worked fine in the windows player...

However, windows generally comes with the codec to playback wmv files , this should therefore not need third party codec installs

However, windows generally comes with the codec to playback wmv files , this should therefore not need third party codec installs

True but sometimes third party codecs installed by other apps interfere with the existing ones. vlc seems to play anything and does not affect existing media players and also offers video and audio conversion.

Potentially the best freeware app for video/audio there is.

True but sometimes third party codecs installed by other apps interfere with the existing ones. vlc seems to play anything and does not affect existing media players and also offers video and audio conversion.

Potentially the best freeware app for video/audio there is.

Id have to agree:smashin:
but
for Hi def stuff (AVCHD) Splash and MPC HC are much better

Senu

Thanks for the link. Tried Splash Lite and I have to agree as it plays a 1440 x 1080 .ts 19mbps flawlessly and vlc won't on my laptop. :smashin:

Thanks Graham the Videolan link worked! Got word last night. Probably the codecs like you said...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom