Video Essentials

I have both DVD Calibration discs - Video Essentials and Avia Guide to Home Theatre.

They are extremely useful for setting up large TVs and Projectors. In fact I wouldn't be without them for the latter.

If you are unhappy with the setup of your TV then they are good to have. I personally prefer Avia as a disc for beginners and it has a Subwoofer test which VE does not have.

If you are happy with your TV then you may be better just asking your questions in the TV forum and save the £28
wink.gif

Video Essentials (et al) are essential (sorry) for CRT front & rear projectors as convergeance drifts over time. I tend to run VE every 4 months (but only when MrsH is at work).

------------------
K'ung Fu-tse (The poster fomerly known as PeteH)

Something like these really is a handy thing. I wasn't happy at all with my 32" w/s telly at first. Once I'd run through Video Essentials a few months ago I've been completely happy!

It desperately needed the Brightness and Contrast settings turned down from their defaults.

------------------
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

Then again, don't you trust your own eyes? I do and am perfectly happy with the picture I have now on my 32" TV.

------------------
Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

[This message has been edited by General Skanky (edited 28-03-2001).]

Why do you have to buy the VE from UK? Chech EzyDVD in Oz, it'll cost you less that £20 (don't know the exact exchange rates today..)!

Erkki

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom