• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

video enhancement software

terryxpress

Standard Member
G5 2.33 GHZ 2 GB RAM
I have DVDs in the usual vob file format that I made by digitalizing PAL VHS tapes from the 80's. On two, the colour saturation is too high (orange suntans). MPEGStreamClip has an Adjustment feature, which is perfect - allows +/- for brightness, saturation, contrast, and G5 2.33 GHZ 2 GB RAM
I have DVDs in the usual vob file format that I made by digitalizing PAL VHS tapes from the 80's. On two, the colour saturation is too high (orange suntans). MPEGStreamClip has an Adjustment feature, which is perfect - allows +/- for brightness, saturation, contrast, and volume..........BUT ........this feature only operates during Export mode, converting my files to Quicktime, DV, AVI, or MPEG4. I don't want to lose any video quality, so is there any other reasonably-priced MAC software that works with vob files, saves to vob, and has the enhancement capabilities. Final Cut Express is a bit dear for this purpose AND only works with DV files.

D

Deleted member 27989

I've looked everywhere over the last few months, mainly because I stupidly recorded some footage in VRO format (DVD-VR) and nothing really that does that...

I ended up compiling a little command line utility to get the VOB files out of my VRO's which worked...And then export to DV using MPEGStreamclip, yest technically there can be video quality loss although I must admit that it is not really that visible....Then again you already start off with a lower quality source that is being upsampled.....

Oh iMovie 08 has got some great colour correction tools in them, so it might be worth your while to just do it...

One possibility that might do it for you is SimpleMovieX....I didn't like it, but I have not tried it with VOB files...

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom