1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by neil_uk, Jan 7, 2005.

1. neil_uk

neil_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone suggest the best value software to use to convert the video from the digital tapes in my Digital Video Camera (Sony DCR TRV25E), into MPEG2 format for transfer onto DVD?

I'd also quite like to be able to convert to MPEG4 so I can transfer to my phone (Sony Ericsson K700i).

I've got the Pixela Image Mixer software, version 1.0 that came with the camera, but it's a bit rubbish and only seems to save as MPEG1 and the degradation in the quality of the footage is too much to accept.

Ta,

Neil

2. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There's a good review of various packages in this month's Computer Buyer magazine, I was going to give their main recomendation a go, it sounded spot on. Unfortunately, for the life of me, I can't remember what it was.

I'll have a look when I get home though.

3. Geoff

Geoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've made films and vids for years using software ranging from free to £600.
    If running Windows, ME and XP come with Movie Maker free. To convert to DVD you need version 2 which is a free download.

However if you want something more fancy, which gives more control over DVD menus, the go for either Pinnacle Studio V9 or Adobe Premiere Essentials both at about £50. Watch out though that Essentials is very resource hungry and can slow down your computer. I use both programmes for slightly different uses.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    Neither version of Movie Maker can create DVDs. You do need another program for the DVD creation.

Mark.

5. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    There's been lots of mention of the "bugginess"of Pinnacle and that Ulead videostudio 8 is supposedly more stable and easier to use. However I recall that it doesn't do everything and that you need Ulead Moviefactory as well. What can and can't these 2 packages do?

6. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ulead VideoStudio can do practically everything from capture through edit to burning DVDs - and - with the addition of an extra plug-in available on the Ulead website can output MPEG4 - take a look for yourself at http://www.ulead.co.uk