Question Video Editing Software for GoPro's - CPU based

jonnypb

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking for some software to put all of my family GoPro videos together. Don't need to do anything professional, just something to add all the clips together, add music, transitions etc.

Building a new PC (Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB Ram, 512GB NVMe, Zotac GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4GB GPU) So looking for software that will rely more on the CPU rather than the GPU as I'm not a gamer so not spending alot on the GPU and CPU's are cheaper to upgrade in the future, especially Ryzens!

Thanks

Even with that relatively modest GPU, you may find they are still quicker than the processor, as GPUs are much better at graphics rendering and the maths around it than CPUs. Most super-computers use them for this reason.

The Magix is good but you have plenty of choice. Have you looked at GoPro's own editor? For action cam stuff it's not bad. https://gopro.com/en/gb/shop/softwareandapp/quik-|-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

It's quite an old Magix version being offered - 2014 release. Not sure how well this will handle the latest 4K video?

Even with that relatively modest GPU, you may find they are still quicker than the processor, as GPUs are much better at graphics rendering and the maths around it than CPUs. Most super-computers use them for this reason.

The Magix is good but you have plenty of choice. Have you looked at GoPro's own editor? For action cam stuff it's not bad. https://gopro.com/en/gb/shop/softwareandapp/quik-|-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Yes I've had a look at the GoPro Quik software and the create mode looks really good apart from one thing. Unfortunately you only seem to be able to make 60 second clips. It would be nice if you could make clips of 3-5 minutes. It's been 12 months since I looked at the GoPro one, so it may have changed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom