1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Editing Q

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by section31, Apr 3, 2004.

1. section31

section31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey, i found this video and I was wondering if anyone knew how they did this w/o using a blue/green screen.

http://davesrig.us/temp/new.avi
    xvid format.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    didn't get any video - only a 21 sec audio track - - which took a long long long time to connect.

3. section31

section31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well if it's not in one of the usual popular formats I'll not bother then.

5. section31

section31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hm...popular formats...XVID...I thought that was the most popular format...what would u like me to encode it in.... WMV

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I would think that the footage was created by doing the following:

Film the scene with the different people in 2 different takes with the camera in a fixed position.
    Syncronise the 2 clips together and fade the scene with the boy in and then out to make him appear/disappear.

Because the camera never moves, the table etc only appear the once.

The above is only a guess, but if I was trying to do a similar thing that would be the way I would attempt it.
    I've probably not explained it very well, but I think I understand what I mean, I think :blush:

Mark.

7. section31

section31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hm...thanks for the reply...

Well, at first glance that was my first guess...but i soon came to realize that it wasn't done like that...notice the trees in the background...perfectly in sync...and the girl appears to be like a frozen frame...until he leaves...they resume the video and she blinks....

I know several videos where people do something similar w/o using a blue and green screen..somehow they are able to select a certain area of a video and overlap it with another. This is done frequently with the star wars kid videos...I'm an intermediate premiere user and have no idea how they do this. Any other replies are welcome.