• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Video Editing program crashing

Geff

Standard Member
I am having problems with ALL my video editing programs which have worked ok in the past. My first choice Sony Vegas crashes when I try to import a large mpg file. Its ok with a small file of about 90 seconds but anything larger and it crashes when I try to import it. I tried it with two other editing programs (Ulead Movie Factory and AVS)and the same thing happens when trying to import or edit so I'm thinking something it not working at full capacity. After the crash all other programs take ages to load and I have to restart to get things back to normal. I have tried closing all other programs before opening editing software but this has no effect on the problem. Any thoughts on what this might be?

Computer is Intel Pentium 4 - 2400MHz and 512mb of RAM. (small for Video Editing but has worked OK in the past)
Video Adaptor is Ge Force 4 MX420 (64mb)
Plenty of Hard Drive space - 180gb free

Thanks

MarkE19

Try defragmenting the HDD
PSU, HDD or RAM could be failing
Virus infected PC
Backup and do a clean install of Windows and all other software

mARK.

Geff

Standard Member
Hi
Done a defrag but no difference. When loading a file into Vegas the CPU shoots up to 100% and loading takes an age. Same with Ulead.
Any thoughts

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom