1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video editing problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by k99, Jan 26, 2004.

1. k99

k99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a video editing question for you all.
    Im using Windows movie maker and when i capture my video and play it back it looks lawful! It's all blocky looking like a bad MPEG.
    Im not sure what the problem is, im using a Sony TRV-18 with the supplied USB cable. Is there a setting im missing? It's coming from a mini DV tape and the video looks fine on the camera but not on my computer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    k99

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You will not get very good results by using a USB cable - what you need is a firewire cable (and firewire card in your pc to connect it to). This will give you perfect full frame digital video :smashin:

If you don't have a firewire card you should be able to get one cheap from somewhere like www.ebuyer.com or www.dabs.com (they usually come complete with cable).

You will also want a fair amount of free space on your hard drive too (or preferably a seperate or partitioned hard drive). Also best if you have a decent processor and at the very, very least 256mb RAM (preferably more)...

Hope this helps.