1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video editing: PC or Power Mac G5?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by gajake15, Sep 25, 2005.

1. gajake15

gajake15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am opening up my current hobby (side business) to include video editing and production. I will be editing videos, adding effects, etc. and have been doing as much research as I can to figure out which eqiuipment will be most efficient for me. I hope to turn my hobby into a full-time career so I'm looking for legitimate equipment, but not too extreme yet.

The rumor is that the Dual Processor Power Mac G5s with Final Cut Studio software is the Alpha and Omega when it comes to video editing and rendering (with that price tag it shoule be). I have never owned a Mac, so I have limited hands-on experience with them. It seems to me that if I severly upgraded a PC, it could compete with a DP Power Mac? Then again, I could be mistaken about the strengths of the Mac all together.

What I want is a desktop that can quickly handle video and provide professional, reliable video edting software.

Any one have any ideas?