Video editing PC 2022

wf2022

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi! Im looking for a PC for video editing, and use software like Premiere, PS, LightRoom.

I've asked on a local PC store and they recommend me this options (that are around my budget):

Option 1:
Motherboard: Gigabyte HS10M H M-ATX S1200
CPU: Intel Core I7 11700KF S1200 11th Gen Rocket Lake
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB GDDR6 Ventus XS
Memory: Adata DDR4 16GB 2666MHz
Storage SSD: Kingston 480GB a400 500MB/s2
Storage HDD: Disk Seagate 2TB 256MB SATA 6GB/s
Power Supply: Gamemax 700W VP-800 80 Plus Bronze

Option 2:
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H HDMI RGB Ready M.2 NVMe
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 4.7GHz Turbo AM4
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB GDDR6 Ventus XS
Memory: Adata DDR4 16GB 3200MHz XPG Hunter
Storage SSD: Kingston 480GB a400 500MB/s2
Storage HDD: Disk Seagate 2TB 256MB SATA 6GB/s
Power Supply: DeepCool 600W DA600 80 plus Bronze

It's enough? what should i change?

If anyone have experiencie working with similar components it would be really good.

Thanks!

that are around my budget
What is your budget?
It's enough? what should i change?
Gamemax 700W VP-800 80 Plus Bronze - I do not like the sound of this PSU - it could be good enough but I tend to stick to more well known brands such as Corsair.

Adata DDR4 16GB 2666MHz - that's a bit slow for modern RAM. You'd ideally like to stick to 3200 speed RAM and the price difference is negligible.

Give me a budget and I'll give you a build suggestion of my own.

Additionally you want to avoid spinning rust for most things including video editing. It will slow down your workflow considerably. Like jolly says what’s your actual budget? Are you editing 4k?

Additionally you want to avoid spinning rust for most things including video editing. It will slow down your workflow considerably. Like jolly says what’s your actual budget? Are you editing 4k?
I believe that the spinning rust will be used for storage and the SSD with hold the video being edited.

I believe that the spinning rust will be used for storage and the SSD with hold the video being edited.

Even then I still wouldn’t recommend it these days. An SSD at 480 GB for the OS and everything is on the small if not too small side of things for editing

Even then I still wouldn’t recommend it these days. An SSD at 480 GB for the OS and everything is on the small if not too small side of things for editing
I agree but even I use a 4tb spinning rust drive for storing photos and videos on. it makes reinstalling an OS easier.

I also think that a budget is being worked around since 480gigs is kinda small. For video editing, I would want 32gigs of ram for 1080P res video too.

I would reduce the CPU specs since the programme is going to use the cuda cores of the GPU for processing.

If you can stretch to an extra £100, get an RTX 3060, it's faster and has more modern Pascal architecture, 2nd. generation tensor cores too, which video and editing software is already making use of instead of CUDA cores for big improvements in AI functions in video and image software.

Not to be sneezed at especially for 4K work would be the 12GB video memory vs 6 in the 1660Ti. I like the Asus (I have a 3060Ti triple fan version) so this Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Dual V2 OC LHR 12GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card | OcUK for example, but there's a good choice on there. RTX 3000 series prices continue to fall quickly, by the way.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom