video editing from dvd recorder disc

J

jorgenson

new starter-any help please.
i am trying to copy old vhs videos of my family,by recording through my lg dvd recorder.then use the disc to transfer onto my computer hard drive where hopefully i can edit and hopefully enhance the picture.any suggestions of software or procedures to use.i have tried using a borrowed copy of pinnacle studio plus but it does not appear to recognise the format of my files.
any help much appreciated

:lease:

G

gary mackenzie

ulead dvd factory disc edition will allow editing of footage on a dvd.
depending upon make of dvd recorder and drive in your pc , dvd-ram would be a better option , and womble mpeg editor or videoredo would edit the mpegs.

panasonic sold a program called dvd moviealbum se which is great for editing dvd-ram and then creating an mpeg of the final footage

wolfwiser

Standard Member
I was after the same sort of thing and tried various combinations. I found that recording the footage onto DVD-RAM disks and editing with Womble is by far the easiest, and quickest too.

Hope it works for you too...:rolleyes:

senu

Distinguished Member
Pinnacle Studio 9 ( and 10) does actually recognise DVD files.

Copy the vob files and rename them mpg for mpeg: They will then be recognised for importing and editing

You might want to read This thread at some point though.
Womble gets a mention!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom