1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video editing card info wanted.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Garrett, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,016
    I’m thinking of doing some editing and putting titles and fades of some camcorder material, Hi8, and then back on to Super VHS. As my graphics card is over 3 years old and is starting to look slow, I was thinking of getting a GeForce 3, to last me some years (who said 6 months). Do I need to get one with video in and video out? Or can some other onboard card be used as well (so I don’t have to get a VIVO card every time I upgrade the graphics side).

Thanks in advance for any info.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,405
    I've moved this thread to the Camcorder forum.
    I got a firewire card and cable for £30 from www.ukdigital.co.uk.
    Their backup service has been very good in my experience and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

3. Cliff

Cliff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,694
    I am also interested in transfering Hi8 to my computer. It seems that you have to pay quite a bit for an analogue capture card. This must be capable of delivering data at high speed using a fire wire interface to the computer. I bought a cheap Dazzle capture box with a USB cable and the picture quality can only be described as poor. Basically good for web videos on a 56k modem. Not up to VCD quality!

Cliff