video disc RCA PLAYER

DARRAHMAN

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking for an video disc player, yes guys those big 12 inch discs, anybody no of anywhere, also got selction of the discs if cant get player willing to sell as job lot, pm me for more details, sorry if this aint the right forum but thought it was most apt one, if not mods you welcome to change tyo more apt forum if any.
JD.

Isn't there anything like this on Ebay - or do they get snapped up by collectors and speculators ?

Chris Muriel, Manchester

TRIED EBAY nothing on, some America sellers got players but costly to ship, I have a player but cant get it going and have aronund 30 discs or so, shall keep searching but anyone out there with any info on video disc players or disc please post.
JD.

Try searching ebay for laserdisc instead as that is what it is usually called.

my mate got 2 or 3 of them from cash convertors of all places. he has to travel about sometimes as part of his job and he likes to checkout second hand places to find rare records, cds and stuff. he even has a fairly cool eight track collection and player. he gave me a pretty decent dual pioneer ntsc/pal player with digital output as my sony wouldn't play the mostly ntsc discs i had

thing is i originally got the laserdiscs as the specific material i wanted wasn't available on dvd and didn't look like it was going to ever come out, but a few titles have finally been released and i managed to get fanboy dvd captures of most of the rest of the stuff, so you should consider if you really need one that much, particularly is dvd is slowly on the way out and old titles are available really cheaply

it is nice to pull out the original star wars on laserdisc to show people, but you can get it on dvd now so it's not as great as it once was

it is nice to pull out the original star wars on laserdisc to show people, but you can get it on dvd now so it's not as great as it once was

I got that on LD. Before it was copied from the LD masters onto DVD, it was getting £100 plus on ebay. Recently, my NTSC playing player broke down and now I can't play them. They are now worth about £10 for all three films now.

I still have a older player but only does PAL discs and I have to turn the sides over.

I was paying up to £35 for a LD and now they are worth nothing.

well ive looked on ebay etc, no joy at moment unless I want to ship from usa, so looks like discs getting scrapped got about 40 titles any ideas guys places or people take these discs even for a few small coins eh///

I still have a older player but only does PAL discs and I have to turn the sides over.

If the player your talking about is the Pioneer CLD-S310 you linked to in your last post, than it should play NTSC discs too.

Sony LD players have a habit of breaking down.

If the player your talking about is the Pioneer CLD-S310 you linked to in your last post, than it should play NTSC discs too.

Sony LD players have a habit of breaking down.

The Sony 7 years.

The S315 is the one that does NTSC.

Right Who Wants Some Discs For Their Machines As Mines Now Broke And Dont Intend To Replace. To Many Formats Already.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom