Video Creating Software

AFSTER

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

wanting to join some images and movies and compile a video. i have used ulead movie creator years ago

now i have a pc and a mac, what software is good to use and have good effects etc with it

thanks

Whilst we all have our Fav Editors, they are all much the same . . . so go for one that friends already use, so you can ask them how to fix something, should you want a special effect.
Better still, join a Movie=making club and see what they use.
I'm still using Sony Movie Studio v10 for Audio mixes ( 10-tracks) and v12 for Video. The "Suite" version ( possibly renamed to add to consumer confusion ) includes a useful DVD/BlueRay authoring program as well as SoundForge which I often use to fix audio on movie clips ( and to make SFX's ). I understand v13 Suite also includes a music-making program, but will soon be replaced by v14 now that Windows has sorted out the OS-Interface in Win10.

AFSTER,
You didn't tell us what kind of material you are Editing and what yr target Audience might be....?

Just wanting to add some photos into like a slide shows with effects and maybe insert some movie clips in to it as well

Free trials can't be bad.... but if you have friends that use an Editor, try their Software first.... it's very confusing having several Trials.
Trying to mix stills and movies isn't easy - our brains prefer movies prob. because it's more life-like. However, stills can convey great detail esp. if you zoom in ( effected in Edit ) and provided the original has plenty of pixels you can zoom-lots..... but as with many things you need to have a storyline to pull it off well. This usually means:- trying/planning/trying again....
If yr camera is in a fixed position (e.g. tripod) then you can make fab time-lapse like fleeting clouds, or boat action in a harbour ( from the clifftops) which are easier to see when speeded up. This is a very good use of stills. However, you need ~25 per second, so be prepared to take quite a few - the Software will stitch them into a few seconds of movie.
Of course, if these are Family pics, - then they will be very forgiving as Family pics are v.close to them.

Good luck.

Free trials can't be bad.... but if you have friends that use an Editor, try their Software first.... it's very confusing having several Trials.
Trying to mix stills and movies isn't easy - our brains prefer movies prob. because it's more life-like. However, stills can convey great detail esp. if you zoom in ( effected in Edit ) and provided the original has plenty of pixels you can zoom-lots..... but as with many things you need to have a storyline to pull it off well. This usually means:- trying/planning/trying again....
If yr camera is in a fixed position (e.g. tripod) then you can make fab time-lapse like fleeting clouds, or boat action in a harbour ( from the clifftops) which are easier to see when speeded up. This is a very good use of stills. However, you need ~25 per second, so be prepared to take quite a few - the Software will stitch them into a few seconds of movie.
Of course, if these are Family pics, - then they will be very forgiving as Family pics are v.close to them.

Good luck.

Proshow Gold seamlessly adds stills and video to a project. If you use one of the wizards it couldn't be easier.

This was created in a few minutes completely automatically. The music is also added and is copyright free.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom