1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video connections on Panny

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cujimmy, Jan 4, 2003.

1. cujimmy

cujimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the inputs, do you have to use either the 'S' video OR the composite video connection. CAn you use both or will this cause interference? I am lacking inputs for my equipment and wanted to run a couple of boxes direct without going through a signal combiner. I thought about switching one box off when using the other and don't know if this will work. Before I try it and screw things up I wanted some advice. Cheers!

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +416
    You cannot connect both s-video and composite to different sources on the panny (certainly series 4 - not sure about 5 but s/one will confirm ...)

But there are vga/rgb inputs on your panny ... no ?

What do you need to connect that can't use those ? they are much better quality inputs than s-video and composite ...

Jon

3. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately you cannot use both, if you connect a lead to th s-vid the composite is disabled (even if no signal is present on the s-vid). So only by connecting/disconnecting the s-vid cable can you use both.