VIDEO: Changhong launch range of Ultra HD 4K OLED TVs - video discussion

Don't suppose theese will get a European release?
I wonder what there near blacks issues are like ?

Do all of their sets do 3D?

Desk

Last edited:
This is really promising. Will they come to the UK soon?

will they come with a 5 year gaurantee

I'd imagine they are 2015 LG panels looking at the design of the televisions.

I'd imagine they are 2015 LG panels looking at the design of the televisions.

Only Lg that making Oled tv panels atm in the world so ur right... Same panels Same issues :cool: i dont trust china brands

Panasonic cured the problems so i guess you can reverse engineer how exactly theyve done it and do it yourself.

Would be great if TCL and Changhong join Hisense with launching TVs over here, make the premium brands drop the price of theirs.

Having taken a leap of faith on a chinese tv and having 2 of the midrange 4k tvs that were out last year the hisense is easily as good for substantially less.

Until I've been able to sit down with a Panasonic in my viewing environment for a few weeks, I am not yet ready to believe the problems are all cured. The grayscale banding is still present on the slides, and that is probably my main complaint about the LG EF9500 (what does show in IRE at 5% can show up in content).

New rising star?

Specialy if they use yours returned panels and upgrade to the superb tv sets :clap: Joke ...

Like Hisense they would probably drop all LG Oled prices for some 1k ...

Hope so ...

i don't trust china brands
But you trust Korean brands... Yeah that makes sense.
Why are some people so intolerant of Chinese brands when most of our gear & some really top gear is manufactured there?
If I didn't trust Chinese or Korean made components I wouldn't trust half a large portion of devices that we all own here in my place...

Why are some people so intolerant of Chinese brands..... If I didn't trust Chinese or Korean made components I wouldn't trust half a large portion of devices that we all own here in my place...

The difference is quite obviously that the brands we all know and trust largely design the components themselves and have procedures and policies in place for having them manufactured to a consistent, tested standard. In contrast, Chinese companies have a reputation for producing inferior, and some times dangerous, copies.

There is nothing people on this forum would love more than for an affordable and legitimate alternative to LGs expensive OLED TVs.

The difference is quite obviously that the brands we all know and trust largely design the components themselves and have procedures and policies in place for having them manufactured to a consistent, tested standard. In contrast, Chinese companies have a reputation for producing inferior, and some times dangerous, copies.
I am not talking about usb chargers & phone chargers. Its a ridiculous attitude to be saying one doesn't trust an OLED TV manufacturer just because they are assembled in China in 2016. That old Made in Hong Kong era is over regarding mainstream AV products & a lot of other elec white products.
There is nothing people on this forum would love more than for an affordable and legitimate alternative to LGs expensive OLED TVs.
Well that is stating the obvious TBH at this stage...
But how do you know the Changhong OLED is not an affordable & legitimate alternative to korea's LG OLED TVs?
If a few "Chinese" manufactured OLED TVs are reviewed & are classed as dangerouso_O or inferior , then people can start blacklisting them... not before. Hisense haven't had a bad start with their 1st legitimate FALD TV. So I don't see why a Chinese manufactured OLED TV cannot have the same chance.

I am not talking about usb chargers & phone chargers. Its a ridiculous attitude to be saying one doesn't trust an OLED TV manufacturer just because they are assembled in China in 2016. That old Made in Hong Kong era is over regarding mainstream AV products & a lot of other elec white products. Well that is stating the obvious TBH at this stage...
But how do you know the Changhong OLED is not an affordable & legitimate alternative to korea's LG OLED TVs?
If a few "Chinese" manufactured OLED TVs are reviewed & are classed as dangerouso_O or inferior , then people can start blacklisting them... not before. Hisense haven't had a bad start with their 1st legitimate FALD TV. So I don't see why a Chinese manufactured OLED TV cannot have the same chance.

Well I would say that it isn't just Chinese companies . If Alba announced they were launching an OLED TV I would be just as sceptical about it. We're talking about £2000 upwards here, feel free to get one and be the guinea pig.

As I said, we'd all love Changhong OLED to be an affordable & legitimate alternative to Korea's LG OLED TVs. But I'm not going to blindly assume that it is. Let them prove themselves just like every other manufacturer has had to.

I am not blindly assuming that they are going to be as good as LGs OLEDs as I said, wait for reviews before you trash them. Going by the report we don't know if they are LG OLED panels, me personally I would say there's a good chance they are...

But now you are saying; Let them prove themselves just as I previously suggested with some reviews, after you said " Chinese companies have a reputation for producing inferior, and some times dangerous, copies."

Do you realise you have just contradicted your stance?
(btw I will just ignore your "go ahead be the guinea pig sneer")

Also I was talking about Chinese manufactured AV component products in general, not just the Changhong OLED & people still in the stone age of belief that anything from China is automatically considered rubbish, which is just not true.

As AVF themselves have said in the article; Lets hope they start selling them into the UK

It's not the fact they are made in China. Lots of high quality products can be made there.

It's the fact you can't just bypass years and billions of ££ that the big companies have spent in developing the technology. The Chinese have learned that with the automotive sector too - they can clone Western cars; they sort of look the same but the quality is rubbish.

Anyone can throw a bunch of components together and make lots of claims but it's the engineering and software that makes these televisions work to their very best. Look at all the bugs and promises for fixing things in the various Hisense posts on here.

On the flip-side, look at Panasonic with their version of the LG panel - same panel but hugely different picture quality as they have the engineering and technology background to deliver. That costs money though.

The thing to remember is most people don't care about the best, they just want cheap. Hence Hisense, Changhong will join the ranks of manufacturers producing cheap products that do the job of being able to watch content on them in a bright living room with everything set to vivid.

It's not the fact they are made in China. Lots of high quality products can be made there.

It's the fact you can't just bypass years and billions of ££ that the big companies have spent in developing the technology. The Chinese have learned that with the automotive sector too - they can clone Western cars; they sort of look the same but the quality is rubbish.

Anyone can throw a bunch of components together and make lots of claims but it's the engineering and software that makes these televisions work to their very best. Look at all the bugs and promises for fixing things in the various Hisense posts on here.

On the flip-side, look at Panasonic with their version of the LG panel - same panel but hugely different picture quality as they have the engineering and technology background to deliver. That costs money though.

The thing to remember is most people don't care about the best, they just want cheap. Hence Hisense, Changhong will join the ranks of manufacturers producing cheap products that do the job of being able to watch content on them in a bright living room with everything set to vivid.

You are one of the persons that Samsung used to call i-Sheep.
There are plenty of products from Chinese manufacturers that are much better than the products from well established companies (See XIAOMI as an example)

As for the "hugely different picture quality" in Panasonic TV, I supposed that at least you brought a laugh on Panasonic TV engineers that are frightened that this year they are gonna loose their jobs.

Oops, sorry, they are engineers from that company that spent years and billions in TV panel research, what's the name, ah, yes, Pioneer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom