1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video capture

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by gino555, Apr 24, 2005.

1. gino555

gino555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    can any one recommend some free software so i can transfer my video direct from my sony handycam dcr-pc106e mini dv camcorder to my pc as the software package supplied does not allow this.

Thanks
    gino555

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  3. gino555

gino555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    thanks i will give it a go

4. koreajohn

koreajohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have Windows 2000 and when I tried to capture the footage from Sony DCR-PC109 DV camera using Windows Movie maker, I could capture only using USB cable and not by IEEE1394 cable. Does any one has any idea why I can't capture using IEEE1394. Is the problem with Windows 2000 OS.

Thanks,

John

5. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hmmm - it's muy understanding that Windows Movie Maker only comes / works with XP....
    But take a look here it's a GREAT site for all things Movie Maker..... :thumbsup:

6. koreajohn

koreajohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Helllo,

I captured the footage using Windows Movie maker and the format is .AVI. Now I would lile to make a VCD out of that. Could some one can give suggestions on making VCD with better quality.I am using Adobe to write.

Thanks,

John

7. fastpuma

fastpuma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gino, hi! i've just got my sony dcr pc106e camcorder as well, but im having problems connecting to the laptop, how did u use the program? i mean when i connected using the usb cable i wasnt able to use the usb streaming in the picture package cd rom, i had all the usb switched on but it wasnt letting me transfer it over.there is a prgram call vcd maker with it, did you have any luck with that?. i posted a query a few days ago and mark says im better off using a firewire cable to transfer the video over to the laptop. is that what you are using? well i found out theres a program call windows movie maker, maybe you should give that a try. let us know how you got on.