1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Capture Software

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by aeaston, Jul 12, 2003.

1. aeaston

aeaston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a Dazzle DVC80 for the PC. Am basically capturing video off one PC via S-Video and capturing on another PC. The software that comes with the device is called MovieStar (I think made by Dazzle themselves). It seems pretty basic and can't seem to apply codecs to the video during capture. As a result the AVI files it captures are huge and have to be run through a codec afterwards.

Anybody know of any other software products usable with this device that will allow me to apply a codec on the fly during capture (preferably DivX 5.x)?

Cheers
    Andrew

2. KO.NET

KO.NET

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, check out PowerDirector Pro by Cyberlink (same company which makes PowerDVD). You can capture in loads of formats on the fly, such as MPEG 1 (VCD), MPEG 2 (DVD), Windows Media Video and now even DivX 5.05 ! This program also has a host of other great features, i use this quite often and highly recommend it . Here go check it out :

http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/products/product_main.jsp?ProdId=45