1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Capture on an AIW or Moviebox

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by scotte, Dec 11, 2003.

1. scotte

scotte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to get my old movies onto DVD and initally looked at getting a pinnacle moviebox using USB2. I am now thinking of getting the new ATI 9800 All In Wonder to do the job. They both capture at the same resolution and fps.
    Does anyone out there have much experience with either of these? I new to this whole video capture nonsense and would appreciate a better educated opinion.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    Hi Scotte and welcome to the forum :hiya:

I've seen the Pinnacle moviebox and think that it is very expensive for what it is. You do get the very good Studio 8 software, but it is around £100.
    I would suggest you have a look on www.dabs.com at some of the USB2.0 analogue capture devices from Dazzle, Belkin etc. They cost from around £40 and do exactly the same thing, just with different software.
    I don't know the prices of the AIW's but would think they cost even more than this.

Mark.