Video Capture Equipment for live music venue

empireman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,,,sorry bit of a long one but advice needed please

i own a live music venue and need to buy equipment to take a single video feed of the performence on stage and do 2 very specific things with it

the gig needs to be recorded to use as content on our youtube channel,,,and

the live footage needs to be sent via Cat 6 to our matrix and fed back to our screens in other bars in real time

its specifally a single feed that we need as i dont want multi cameras and the editing/approval thats needed with that,,so 1 shot of the stage from the front only

camera will be fixed on our cross truss, and we have a control room nearby to house any computer needed to capture

please can i get some advice around cameras/webcams and video capture gear that will do what i need, looking to spend about £2000 total

thanks
Dave

To start with the obvious requirement is a PC., a dedicated and fairly recent PC would be advised.

Depending on the camera you want either USB port for a webcam or an HDMI capture card for use with a camcorder. Something like this should do the trick, but if quality is not a requirement then they can be bought for under £20.
Amazon product ASIN B08FHTJK2L
If not already available then a video over CAT6 extender such as this
Amazon product ASIN B09786725S
Then a camcorder or webcam of choice. Just make sure that any camcorder you choose has live output over HDMI as not all do.

Mark.

Thanks Mark,,,very helpful,,,i guess im trying to also work out which type of camera will give me best quality in a club enviroment, any model numbers, recomendations.....camcorder or PTZ

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom