1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video capture card...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by bwgames, Mar 2, 2005.

1. bwgames

bwgames
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've got a Sky+ PVR and want to transfer the movies off it (and off tape as well) onto DVD, using my desktop system.

Have been looking at the PVR-350, its very nice, but might be overkill, with regards to quality?

I do currently have two, a Hauppage WinTV something from 1998, and a Mercury.

Both cheapo ones I think? Not too happy with the quality from them (especially via Phono, but I think thats more to do with the awful cable and stuff the builders used, so I've put in a S-Video cable, which is better, but still not as good as the TV thats directly connected via RF to the Sky box.

Looking for a decent S-Video / phono (have both available (phono both audio and video)) capture card.
    Don't need TV Tuner, as all our telly comes through Sky, but if there is a decent TV Tuner + S-Vid/Phono one, I'd consider that more, for future use (University use etc)

I do have a RF lead from the Sky box to the computer (in addition to Phono and S-Video), so if for some weird reason RF was better quality (can't see it being so?) I can do that.

I'm leaning more towards S-Video, with the audio over phono, but want a decent capture card...

Anyone?

Thanks,
    ben

2. mps

mps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52