video calibration

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by tryonix, Aug 5, 2006.

1. tryonix

tryonix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello,

i have recently purchased a 42 inch lg 42pc3d . i am trying to calibrate it and am having a tough time. i purchased the avia guide to home theater and well it is no help. can some one tell me what the optimal settings are for this tv

thanks

2. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    If you dont have one of the many DVDs with the THX optimode, titles like Fight club and Toy story are a couple. Then I always use the KISS rule, Keep It Simple Stupid. Basically there are only three rules to a good picture. Blacks Whites and skin tone. Either put on a DVD or better still a BBC news 24 or Sky news. Set the sharpness to 0, the contrast so the blacks are black and not a shade of grey. And then set the brightness so that whites look white but are not glareing or blooming.

3. stainway

stainway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Because LG 42pc3d in EU is different from the US model ,you will get probably more help at www.avsforum.com
    Try first one of the APM modes:thumbsup:

4. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    There's a couple of people on the forums who can really calibrate your plasma system. Try Convergent of Home Cinema Engineering for starters. They will really make a difference to the quality of your screen.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.