Video but no sound from Blu Ray player to AV receiver (TX-NR696)

MrFizzbin

Novice Member
Greetings all. This is my first post here .
I've just recently purchased an LG OLEC55 C1 as well as an Onkyo TX-NR696 Reciever (and hardware for a 5.1.2 speaker set-up). After a few frustrating moments, I was able to get everything pretty much connected. Cable box, Streaming media player (Firestick) and Blu RayPlayer (Samsung BDP1500) are all connecte to the receiver, and the receiver's main HDMI out (ARC) connected to the TV's eARC. The problem is, i'm not getting any audio whatsoever from the Blu Ray player. My understanding is that I have to set the Blu Ray's audio out to Bitstream, which i did do. Didn't work. It also has a "bitstream audiophile" and a "PCM" setting; both of which i tried but still no sound.
I'm thinking it might be a setting on the A/V unit site, but am a bit gun shy to go meddling in it since i finally got most things solved.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If you need clarification or additional detail, please do not hesitate to ask.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Sometimes you need to reboot equipment for changes to take place as in remove power wait a few mins then plug in and power up.

Fred Smith

Do you have:

"HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour" (UK spelling here)

Enabled on the TV's eARC HDMI socket?

If so turn it off.

I used to have a BD-P1600.

MrFizzbin

Novice Member
That did it! Was buried a bit in the menu system, but that did the trick. You're a scholar and a gentleman. Much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom