Video 7 / H+B 32" screens, hdtv etc

chedmaster

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Both screens are said to be HDTV compatible on the ebuyer website. I prefer the H+B and although i know little about it at the moment, the reviews on ebuyer seem good. It also has two component inputs, and detatchable speakers (and looks nicer). The DVI input says HDCP compatible, with a simple HDMI > DVI cable will this be fully HD compatible? I was sure of it until some monkey on ebuyer "warned" everyone it does not meet the specs to be "HD ready".
If this is the case would it be the same with the Video7?
Finally, as there is just one DVI input, will there be, in the future, adapters that allow the connection of, 2 or 3 for example, DVI plugs to one input? (like for scart atm) will they still be HDCP compatible etc.

for reference both screens say compatible with 480i/p, 720p and 1080i

thank you all for your time, all i want is a big flat screen on a budget - its so hard!

chedmaster said:
Both screens are said to be HDTV compatible on the ebuyer website. I prefer the H+B and although i know little about it at the moment, the reviews on ebuyer seem good. It also has two component inputs, and detatchable speakers (and looks nicer). The DVI input says HDCP compatible, with a simple HDMI > DVI cable will this be fully HD compatible? I was sure of it until some monkey on ebuyer "warned" everyone it does not meet the specs to be "HD ready".
If this is the case would it be the same with the Video7?
Finally, as there is just one DVI input, will there be, in the future, adapters that allow the connection of, 2 or 3 for example, DVI plugs to one input? (like for scart atm) will they still be HDCP compatible etc.

for reference both screens say compatible with 480i/p, 720p and 1080i

thank you all for your time, all i want is a big flat screen on a budget - its so hard!
Cant comment on the H + B as I haven't looked into it but the Video7 isn't HDCP compatible (although it is a superb TV for the money) :smashin:
If you are insisting on HDCP then rule out the V7 :(

apparantely theyve updated it since the first ones :

from a review on ebuyer:

Looking on the Videoseven\'s website it now says that this model has a HDCP (Hi Definition Copy Protection) compatible DVI socket. This should make it compatible with the statement from SKY saying it\'s 2006 launch of SKY HD will require a TV equipped with a HDCP port to decrypt the HD signal.

I feel sorry for all those people who have purchased a new LCD / Plasma with only a standard DVI connector as they will not be able to watch TV in High Definition with SKYs new service.

This makes this TV the cheapest and most future proofed on the market at the moment. well done ebuyer!!

and i thought i saw it on ebuyer as well but not anymore. oh well, the H+B defo says it :

PC input : VGA (Sub D-15) , DVI input: DVI (HDCP)

does this guarantee compatibiliy with HD sources, be it hdmi with hdcp or dvi with hdcp?

thanks for the quick reply

would like to add that im not insisting hdcp, partly because i will never be able to afford the dvd players for it (i will be at uni by then), secondly i will never be allowed sky hd as my parents basically pay for sky world just for me, and thirdly i will be happy enough with progressive scan SD dvds until i get my inevitable panny pv500 on the day of winning the lottery. :smashin:

finally hdcp would be a bonus obviously, and considering my other option is a 37" pw7 or 42" pw4 (both SD), a hdtv compatible tv for half the price would be an unmissable bargain.

chedmaster said:
apparantely theyve updated it since the first ones :

from a review on ebuyer:

Looking on the Videoseven\'s website it now says that this model has a HDCP (Hi Definition Copy Protection) compatible DVI socket. This should make it compatible with the statement from SKY saying it\'s 2006 launch of SKY HD will require a TV equipped with a HDCP port to decrypt the HD signal.

I feel sorry for all those people who have purchased a new LCD / Plasma with only a standard DVI connector as they will not be able to watch TV in High Definition with SKYs new service.

This makes this TV the cheapest and most future proofed on the market at the moment. well done ebuyer!!

and i thought i saw it on ebuyer as well but not anymore. oh well, the H+B defo says it :

PC input : VGA (Sub D-15) , DVI input: DVI (HDCP)

does this guarantee compatibiliy with HD sources, be it hdmi with hdcp or dvi with hdcp?

thanks for the quick reply
Just checked V7's website and there is no mention of it being HDCP compatible :(

The H+B clearly states that it is HDCP enabled via DVI Input so yes this unit is High Def ready.
What is strange is that the picture on ebuyer is different from anything else on the web :confused:
Might be worth checking that the image they've used is what you'll get ;)

chedmaster said:
would like to add that im not insisting hdcp, partly because i will never be able to afford the dvd players for it (i will be at uni by then), secondly i will never be allowed sky hd as my parents basically pay for sky world just for me, and thirdly i will be happy enough with progressive scan SD dvds until i get my inevitable panny pv500 on the day of winning the lottery. :smashin:

finally hdcp would be a bonus obviously, and considering my other option is a 37" pw7 or 42" pw4 (both SD), a hdtv compatible tv for half the price would be an unmissable bargain.
Well if you're not that bothered about HDCP I can highly recommend the V7
DVD's @ 576 progressive scan are superb and although I haven't used it as a PC Monitor by all accounts it is great aswell :thumbsup:
There is a lengthy thread on the V7 here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188015
Lots of interesting comments worth reading (if you have a few days spare lol !!)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom