Video 16x9 doesn't burn to DVD in this format.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bluenite, Feb 16, 2014.

1. bluenite

bluenite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a little problem with the record of DVBtTv, which was originally in widescreen format. Somehow I accidentally copying from the use hd dvd-r instead of + in vr mode and here it probably screwed up. Picture format has changed to 4x3, ie on a widescreen television while playing expands in height. I tried to copy back the contents of the DVD on the same hdisk video (Sony RDR DC105). This record is again in its original widescreen form. I thought that this will be resolved when you whack on dvd +r, but the opposite is true. It is the same as on the dvd-r. Can anything be done? I think without any complex conversions and changes the aspect ratio of the pc video editor.
    Thanks for the advice
    Peter

2. davee b

davee b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I believe that +R discs cannot record the widescreen flag so you will never get widescreen recordings on a +R disc. -R discs can record the widescreen flag in normal video mode, i'm not sure how it works in VR mode. Is your tv set to 16:9 or auto ?

3. bluenite

bluenite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the DVD+ I am using normally to copying 16:9 format. Playable everywhere. On DVD- it's not: when you insert the media, the recorder asks if I want to format it only in VR mode. In this case is the re-copy of the DVD- back to HDD Recorder. The record on DVD- probably will have other, than it should be. Another snag may be the TV (it's an older and once expensive CRT Bang&Olufsen - but still with nice picture). That use for this connection only as a monitor. The output of the recorder is set to auto 16:9.