Victor/ JVC HMDH30000 28.2 Mbps recording

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by michael347, Jun 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. michael347

michael347

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last year I purchased a Japanese JVC HMDH30000 HDTV DVHS recorder thinking NTSC DVHS decks were multistandard like their PAL counterparts but unfortunately they are not, So then I peurchased the ACE standards converter along with an RGB to s-video converter (acclaimed by what video and TV magazine), my DVHS was able to now record PAL signals but the picture quality pre - recording was not good so recordings were not good. I was using cheap cabling so I account part of the poor quality to this but is there anything else I can do. If any anyone has any advice it will be very much appreciated, I really want to take advantage of the 28.2Mbps recording. Finally is there anyone out there fluent in Japanese to help me to translate the manual and on screen menus, I can understand the basics but not the advanced functions. I could scan pages or post you copies of the manual.