Vibration buzzing on Phillips 37PF9830

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Paba, Mar 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Paba

Paba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hope I'm not breaking forum rules by posting this query as a new thread as I had raised a query previously about advice on mounting my new 37PF9830 on a dry-lined wall - unfortunately no solutions identified.

Anyway this is a new concern and hopefully somebody can advise as the service agent from Phillips wasn't much use. Has anybody encountered a buzzing sound from the plastic surround when speech hits certain frequency levels - usually a deep man's voice. When I touch the surround I can feel the vibration which is causing the buzzing and although I tried to gently tighten the screws holding the surround it only seemed to make matters worse.

Overall I'm happy with the TV - picture quality is very good - but I'm not that keen to follow Phillips advice to bring the set back to the retailer - especially having disposed of the massive amount of packaging.

Thoughts would be appreciated:lease:

2. contraste

contraste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    You are the third person to bring up this problem. I (and the other person) solved it by loosening a couple of the Torx screws on the upper right side of the back casing. It seems that the source of the vibration is the memory card reader on the lower right side of the TV. Don't ask me why loosening the upper screws fixes this but it did for me.
    I wouldn't bother contacting Philips about this. I have been in contact with them about this and other matters and all they will say is contact your dealer and have your set taken away for 'investigation'. They (Philips) will NEVER admit there is a fault!