Vibe Zeta awards!!!

sticker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Did anyone at the Bristol show pick up a Vibe leaflet?

If so the Vibe Zeta has a Home Cinema Choice best buy award in it. I searched my back issues and the online reviews and they gave it only 2 1/2 to 3 stars? I was reasonaly impressed with the demo they gave at the show but I'm not expert, so the 2 questions are

1) Where did they get this HCC award :rolleyes:
2) Was the demo accurate and true?

Regards
John

The Vibe Zeta was tested in December 2001 in a group test of six subwoofers and came bottom.

Perhaps the merketing department at Vibe have been using a bit of creativity. Are you it was the Zeta that won the award.

If it's still £800 there are a large number of subwoofers that are far better than that as well as being cheaper.

Thanks for the reply Ian, sorry what my post meant to say was I couldn't find the HCC review where it got the award, I found there one where it came 6 out of 6!!

I thought it was maketing creativity as well, bloody misleading though :nono:

Want to replace my Pardigm PS1000 with something that you can feel (flares move!) so have shortlisted one of the Velo HGS's (15 or 18) or the Paradigm Servo 15 (if you can get one).
Got a budget of around £1,500 or slightly more and not certain whether to go 2 good medium ones or 1 good big urn, but thats another subject.

Regards
John

Well, from what Vibe were chucking out of their boxes on Friday, i reckon the HGS would destroy everything & them some.

I'd be confident the Servo 15 would too........

Come to think of it, if Velo had've been pulsing a HGS unit in their demo room, it would've blown every single other sub into the dust

If it's Vibe for you, it's definitely worth getting a home demo as i wouldn't be too impressed if i were going on the show demos alone...........

Adzman

Hi,
Just to fill in,
I've got the Vibe Zeta review where it recieved a ' HCC Best Buy' in front of me at the moment, and can confirm that it definately got one.

I always thought it funny that it recieved such contrasting reviews in the same magazine over such a short period of time.

Anyway you'll find it in the July 02 SE suppliment.

Paul.

Hi,
Just to fill in,
I've got the Vibe Zeta review where it recieved a ' HCC Best Buy' in front of me at the moment, and can confirm that it definately got one.

I always thought it funny that it recieved such contrasting reviews in the same magazine over such a short period of time.

Anyway you'll find it in the July 02 SE suppliment.,

Paul thanks for this, I suppose it just reinforces the advice of listen for yourself rather than rely on reviews!!

Originally posted by sticker
I suppose it just reinforces the advice of listen for yourself rather than rely on reviews!!

If all of this is true then it doesn't just reinforce the advice, it shouts it from the rooftops :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom