1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIBE questions?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Sly, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    i can get a VIBE sub at trade price but am unsure which one to buy.my room is 12' by 12' ish and is in a upstairs bedroom of a terraced house.my other speakers are aegis models from AE , what sub do you think i should get?
    thanks!

2. Sessen Ryu

Sessen Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    No comments...?

No one on this forum own or even demo'd Vibe subs then?

I considered one of these (along with every other sub!) when I was in the market.. - not many outlets distribute these (car audio subs you can get n e where, but it's not the case for home cinema) - so getting a demo (usually) mean's a lot of travelling.

I was going to have a demo, but read various (negative) reviews that the sound produced by these isn't particularly refined... didn't seem worth travelling for....

Did you get a VIBE in the end then?

3. Noodle

Noodle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If trade price = a good saving over retail then why not get one and demo it the best way possible. In your house.

Keep all the packaging and at the very worst you'll be able to sell it for the same as you paid if you don't like it. You'll also have a point of reference if you can find a dealer that will lend you another sub.

Ben.

4. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    i can get a demo at my local hi-fi shop as they said i could loan any of there subs to try but feel a bit guilty if i aint gonna buy from them.
    my friend has got a VIBE zeta which i am going to have a listen of next wednesday , although this is a bigger sub than i want i feel it may give me an idea of the speed of response.
    regarding price the saving is about 1/3rd off retail prices , not to be sniffed at!:D

5. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    just seen uncle erics velodyne power buy @ £199.99 this is the same money as the cheapest VIBE (alpha).would this be a better choice?